Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Padlocks and Keys

A few weeks ago I gave a demo for the Artists Guild of Northwest Georgia, my very first demo as a watercolor artist.  I've done demos and taught classes in polymer clay and handmade books but since I consider myself a beginning painter I was a little nervous.  But this group of people was so warm and friendly that I immediately forgot about being nervous and totally enjoyed myself.  The type of painting that I do is a little unusual and is called "pouring'.  I literally pour the paint onto the watercolor paper.  I use a lot, and I mean LOT, of masking fluid and find this way of painting works so well for me.  Anyway, I prepared a series of semi-finished pieces so I could demonstrate the technique without subjecting the attendees to having to watch paint or masking fluid dry.  The unveiling of the painting at the end of the demo (a lot of the painting gets hidden under masking fluid) brought forth a lot of "oohs" and "aahs" so I think I did something right.  And they asked a lot of questions which showed me they were really interested.  After the demo I took the painting home and did about 45 minutes to an hour's worth of touch up and toning.  Without further ado, here's the finished painting:



I've entered it into the AGNWG 2015 show, now I have to wait to see if it's accepted.  But either way, I'm very happy with it.


1 comment:

  1. Found one of your polymer clay inro's on Pinterest and found your website and beautiful watercolor. You are very talented!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. Feedback is always appreciated.